







I took the kids to Utah right after Leif's Big Day for a little off-track vacation for Leif. I, therefore, have not put up his pics of the day. We had both Cole's and I's parents in town, my sister Kate and family, and then my niece and nephew from Cedar City. It was much fun. There was another little guy in our ward getting baptized also-Drake. Cole was getting off a call night so he walked in about 10 minutes late, but we hadn't started yet (obviously) so it was all good. Drake was baptized first and then Leif. Leif invited both of his grandfathers to be witnesses but what is funny is that the rest of the crowd saw his knee come out of the water while they did not. Needless to say, we, and the Bishop, asked that it be done over again. When the boys were dressed Cole confirmed Leif. My mom then gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and Cole's mom gave the closing prayer. The bishop announced at the end that the gym was set up for a funeral luncheon that was supposed to feed 120 people but only 20 showed up and the relief society was begging us to go and eat up the food-which we did :) After everyone got stuffed on sandwiches and salads, mmmmm, we went across the parking lot to the temple and took pictures. We do have a beautiful temple here and it was neat that Leif got baptized right next door. It was a great day and I love my little Leifer for trying hard to be such a good little guy and for being such an incredible brother to his siblings. Cole and I definitly lucked out on him.
By the way, while I was in Utah the kids and I went up to Salt Lake for a couple of days and stayed with Tamarin and fam and here are pics from that......oh ya I didn't get any pictures--I was so mad that we forgot to get pictures. You'll just have to take my word for it that the kids and I had a blast. I miss my New Yorkies!! You will all just have to move closer so that I can travel to you every now and then!!!
3 comments:
Congratulations Leif! What a big step, I'm sure Heavenly Father is very proud of you. We miss you here in Rochester. :)
Congratulations to Leif on his baptism? Can you believe you already have an 8 year old -- where does the time go. I'm glad the grandparents were able to travel down to be with you guys on his special day. You all look so great!
You guys didn't play Bunco when you were together did you??? The tradition is still alive here in NY.
Post a Comment